Certification in Community Communications
The Adena Center offers Certification in Community Communications through a variety of learning opportunities.
Design/Media is an initiative to link Design and Communications Media software, hardware, facilities and community organizing processes in a variety fo sustainable community development settings.
Community Memory supports the development of journalism, archives, oral history and analysis for historic and emerging community based organizations, networks and movements.Often, the histories and critical moments of decision in small organizations and divergent opinions within movements are lost from view, neither documented nor remembered. Even when documented, such materials are rarely curated and made available to inform future decision making and understanding.Community Memory provides a range of tools, training, syndication and outreach opportunities:Training:
Active Community Memory Projects include:
- Community and Investigative Journalism
- Collaborative Participatory Action Research for Social Networks
Jan Carew - Access to archives
- Dreamweavers: Alumni Documentation and Mentoring Apps and Services
- Liberal Religious Youth Movements: Roads Not Taken
- Immigration and Education
- Grassroots Energy And Movement: Stories from the Heartland
- J.D. Bernal: Future Histories Past and Yet to Come
- Sustainable Community Media / Design Networks Synergy
- New Schools for Old
- Sustainable Neighborhoods and Ecovillages Documentation
A website developed to provide access and links to the works of Jan Carew.
Community Communications Living and Learning Series:
- Social Networks and Social Change: Collaborating to Create Sustainable Community Media - A Lunch and Learn Event: Monday, April 14, 12 - 2 pm with Erik Hungerbuhler, E-Organizer, Kentuckians for the Commonwealth, Aaron Marshall, Director of Sales and Marketing, Digital Business Solutions and David Silverman, Adena Center and the Open Journalism Project. At Adena Center, Galen Building, Zorn & River Rd, Louisville,, KY USA (Directions)
- Science Cafe: Cancer Predictors and Beyond: Friday Mar 28, 5:30 - 7:30 BLUE MOUTAIN COFFEE HOUSE, WINE & TAPAS BAR, 400 E. Main [opposite Slugger Field]
- Become the Media: January 10, 2008: : Sustainable Politics and Community Journalism 2008 The Legislative Session and Beyond -- with Tom Fitzgerald, Kentucky Resources Council, Jerry Hardt, Kentuckians for the Commonwealth, and John Hicks, WXBH 92.7 FM
- Community Journalism December 8, 2007: Jim St. Clair, Jennifer Oladipo and John Hicks on News Crafting and the Art of the Interview for Community Media (Radio, TV, Web, Print) Production
- An Evening With Jan Carew: A Celebration of Reading and Writing December 6, 2007:
- Do-It-Yourself Radio: Community Radio Training-Fall - Winter 2007-2008, Wednesdays, with John Hicks and the volunteer staff of WXBH-FM.
- Technology, Community, Opportunity: -November 1, 2007: Digital Storytelling Comes of Age. Michael Caporale with Louisville Community Media Practitioners
1999-2007 archives to be posted.